Red Sea Pendant 90 system + Noopsyche lights + Fans!

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have gone through several iterations of this set up because it just didn't look quite right.... until now!!

I have a RSR 350. A canopy defeated the purpose of getting a rimless tank. I tried the arm mounts for a bit but was annoyed with how I had to build out the tank lid. Finally I was able to convince my other half to let me mount something from the ceiling :D :D :D . I landed on the Red Sea Pendant system. However, I was already invested into the Noopsyche lights. This is what the first iteration looked like:

IMG_9652.jpg
IMG_9659.jpg
IMG_0019.jpg

The OCD in me just didn't like the finish. You could see the wires through the gaps between the lights and the right and left lights couldn't get pushed further out. I decided to pursue a more finished look. I brought out the handy dandy 3D printer and decided to see what I could do. This is the result:

IMG_9645.jpg
IMG_9646.jpg
IMG_9657.jpg

One step further.... fans! I had never found a great place to mount fans for the summer time.....
IMG_9675.jpg
IMG_9682.jpg

Final Product:
IMG_0038.jpg
IMG_9671.jpg

Let me know what you all think! Thanks for looking!

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is amazing... and looks fantastic!

I was looking for an idea to hide the open spaces where the lights weren't - putting a fan in there instead of just a plain black piece of plastic is genius!

Now to just figure out a way to hide the cords... coming from the hanging pendant to the outlet so they are not seen...

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the Red Sea pendant good quality...?

Is it metal/aluminum - or is it plastic...?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 16.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 51 44.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back