Red Sea Phosphate Pro Pipettes

GammaYankee

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2022
Messages
49
Reaction score
20
Location
Atlanta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cat chewed up the pipettes that comes with the Red Sea Phosphate pro test kit. Any idea how many ml of reagents A (13 drops) and reagent B (4 drops) should I add? Thanks in advance. And here is the suspect.

IMG_6290.jpg
 
My cat chewed up the pipettes that comes with the Red Sea Phosphate pro test kit. Any idea how many ml of reagents A (13 drops) and reagent B (4 drops) should I add? Thanks in advance. And here is the suspect.

IMG_6290.jpg
Wouldn’t buying some droppers at the pharmacy probably be better?

By the way, a drop is usually between 20-30 uL so you’re looking at around 260-390 uL for first reagent and between 80-120 uL for the second. So mL based measurements are unlikely to work unless you have micro pipettes.
 
My cat chewed up the pipettes that comes with the Red Sea Phosphate pro test kit. Any idea how many ml of reagents A (13 drops) and reagent B (4 drops) should I add? Thanks in advance. And here is the suspect.

IMG_6290.jpg
Where is the cat buried?

Sorry about the tools, I don't have those testers to investigate. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
 
Wouldn’t buying some droppers at the pharmacy probably be better?

By the way, a drop is usually between 20-30 uL so you’re looking at around 260-390 uL for first reagent and between 80-120 uL for the second. So mL based measurements are unlikely to work unless you have micro pipettes.
Thanks! But those droppers might be different from the red sea one? I was planning to use the syringe that came with my red sea alk test kit to measure the reagent. I have moved to hanna for Alk anyways. Would that work?
 
Thanks! But those droppers might be different from the red sea one? I was planning to use the syringe that came with my red sea alk test kit to measure the reagent. I have moved to hanna for Alk anyways. Would that work?
It should. I would do 0.35 mL for reagent 1 and .1 mL for reagent 2.
 
For future reference. The amount of reagent B added by the pipette (4 drops) should be 0.02 ml, per RedSea development team.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new