Red sea phosphate test

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have experience with this brand of phosphate test? It is what they used at my lfs to test my water. I know salifert and Hanna and red sea are among the best but who has experience with red sea it's self and how accurate? My readings are .12 and I know that's kind of high but I do not have a sps tank. Only a duncan some zoas a pulsing Xenia and a hammer and I know they don't like a "dirty" tank but not as low of levels as sps. So around where do I need to bring my phosphate down so all corals can thrive. Just bought some chemi pure elite with gfo to help remove phosphate. Thanks guys

OP
OP
J

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing wrong. Besides the dino I am trying to fight. I think the high phosphate caused a bloom. So that's why I was wanting to try and lower them a little. But my hammer is open and happy and my Duncan. But my old zoas are closed up but some of the new ones are open and doing great. Just trying to make sure everyone is happy

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing wrong. Besides the dino I am trying to fight. I think the high phosphate caused a bloom. So that's why I was wanting to try and lower them a little. But my hammer is open and happy and my Duncan. But my old zoas are closed up but some of the new ones are open and doing great. Just trying to make sure everyone is happy

In general, slightly high nutrients is not a significant risk factor for dinos (maybe for other things like cyano). Very low nutrients is the bigger risk for dinos.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's brown and making my sand bed clump together

Still could be cyano or dinos or something else. Does it seem snotty? That's a telltale dino sign.

OP
OP
J

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The darker spots on sand bed is what is brown hard to see color difference and the bubbles you can see the glare on them on the sand bed

Attachments

• VID_20220711_195359.mp4
    53.9 MB

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.2%
Back