Red Sea Reef Energy A/B

michaelr7170

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I'm about to start dosing reef energy A/B to see how my corals respond. I have a fairly low nutrient system, curious on what results I will get.

One question I had though is regarding filter socks - will socks have any negative effects on dosing this product? I know it's recommended to turn off my skimmer for 20-30 mins, just curious about how filter socks will affect it.

Thanks!

sneub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used it in the past, I did not remove the socks and let my in sump skimmer run, I did however turn off the main return pump for 15-30 minutes. Start off with less then recommended, you don't want to spike nutrients. Also I did not dose it daily.

OP
OP
M

michaelr7170

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all. I'm gonna turn off the skimmer and see how that goes, I'll leave the socks for now!

Punksboops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For each. I have been using now for about a year really like the results. I dose 30ml of each every 3 days on a 350 gallon mixed

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone been dosing this for while now? I just started and wonder who has seen good results?

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone been dosing this for while now? I just started and wonder who has seen good results?

Quite a few people use it or have used it with cool results

It's supposed to be refrigerated after opening. It feels like it still has an opened shelf life of 3-4 months. I shake the bottles, but after a few months I notice the skimmer reacts far more than it did when new.

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using it daily for over a year, I noticed an increase in tissue growth (ie softie grow rate) and polyp extensions on both LPS and SPS.

I turn off my return and skimmer for about 30 minutes when dosing so that it spends more time saturated in the main display (I use an Apex so I just hit Feed and it does the rest).

I also like to use it once a week or so to pre-soak some mysis and pellets, then I use a 60cc syringe to target feed all of my anemones and LPS coral.

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear. The Reef Store here in Jacksonville, FL has been using it for awhile now and it seems the tissue on the acros is more dense than I have ever seen. I am hoping to see the same results.

racingskylines

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using it daily for over a year, I noticed an increase in tissue growth (ie softie grow rate) and polyp extensions on both LPS and SPS.

I turn off my return and skimmer for about 30 minutes when dosing so that it spends more time saturated in the main display (I use an Apex so I just hit Feed and it does the rest).

I also like to use it once a week or so to pre-soak some mysis and pellets, then I use a 60cc syringe to target feed all of my anemones and LPS coral.
That’s such a good idea.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back