Red Sea Reef Led 115 - spacing

wunderlong88

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2021
Messages
236
Reaction score
85
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Planet Aquarium 180 (72" long x 24") and 3 Reef Led 115's. They say they cover 24x24 but the manual shows to space 20" apart. Is that center to center? Do they want some overlap of the light area (24x24)?
 
You will want some overlap of the light. Just because it states it covers a 24"x24" area, the edges of that area will have very low PAR.
If I had three lights to hang over a 6 foot tank. I would center one in the middle, and then center the other two between the edge of tank and the center light. Do this on each side. That would give you the overlap you are looking for and what is recommended.
 
As a former user yes you are correct about spacing overlap. Par drops significantly on the edges.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new