Red Sea Reefer - 10 Micron Filter Socks

ReefJedi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to use Phosphate RX but I apparently I need a 5-10 micron filter sock. Anyone know where I can get one for a Red Sea Reefer? I've read that the Red Sea filter sock holders are not standard. I looked everywhere and I can't find it. I'm wondering of anyone else has done this or if there's another way of using a filter sock without using the filter holders that I'm not aware of.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I want to use Phosphate RX but I apparently I need a 5-10 micron filter sock. Anyone know where I can get one for a Red Sea Reefer? I've read that the Red Sea filter sock holders are not standard. I looked everywhere and I can't find it. I'm wondering of anyone else has done this or if there's another way of using a filter sock without using the filter holders that I'm not aware of.

As you mentioned, Red Sea filter socks appear to only come in a few sizes and none of them are nearly as small as you are looking for. It seems that your best bet is to go to YouTube and search for "red sea filter sock modification". Good luck!

Disclaimer: I do not have a Red Sea system and have never done this specific mod.

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A skimmer will also remove the residue from Phosphate RX. I ran it for a while in my RSR 250 with the standard 225 micron thin mesh bags without issues - the skimmer took out the residue quite happily.

OP
OP
ReefJedi

ReefJedi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a 4" ring x 8" long 10 micron filter sock on ebay. It didn't fit in my Red Sea filter sock holder (of course). I didn't want to cut the plastic ring of the sock so I stuck it onto the bottom of the Red Sea filter mesh sock. It stays put and from what I can tell it works well enough to polish the water of lanthanum chloride.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back