Red Sea reefer 170 unleveled

NanoMike

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2019
Messages
123
Reaction score
90
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if my reefer 170 is okay being a tad unleveled. I filled it up with water over the weekend and noticed based on the water line that it’s unleveled. I used my iPhone as a level and apparently that is not very accurate. Here are the measurements of the water line from the water line to the top of the glass.


FR 1in
FL 1 1/8
BR 1 1/4
BL 1 3/8
 
I just went through the same. Also having a 750 I was hoping the smaller tank would have adjustable feet like the bigger tank. Doesn’t appear that way. Had to Add composite shins under the plastic feet in the 170.
 
FR 1in
FL 1 1/8
BR 1 1/4
BL 1 3/8
Get some shims and get it right. At least get it closer 3/8" is allot on such a small tank. Is it OK, to leave it? that's purely up to you. It would drive me nuts.
 
P.s. shim packs at the box stores were $1.50 for enough to do 10 tanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new