Red Sea Reefer 200 G2

dbroncos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone getting ready to setup a new Red Sea Reefer 200 G2. I have the Red Sea Reefer DC Skimmer 300 and the Red Sea Reefmat 500. I would like to add a UV sterilizer in the sump as well but obviously the sump will be cramped already. Has any other Red Sea 200 G2 owners out here had all 3 items (skimmer, roller mat and UV sterilizer) in their Red Sea sump? If so how did you set them up? Any pics, advise, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone getting ready to setup a new Red Sea Reefer 200 G2. I have the Red Sea Reefer DC Skimmer 300 and the Red Sea Reefmat 500. I would like to add a UV sterilizer in the sump as well but obviously the sump will be cramped already. Has any other Red Sea 200 G2 owners out here had all 3 items (skimmer, roller mat and UV sterilizer) in their Red Sea sump? If so how did you set them up? Any pics, advise, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
I had a similar setup in the G1 170. Mounted the Vecton UV inside the cabinet on the left side opposite the roller mat (Clarisea SK3000) on the right. Worked well, short distance from the return pump.

I did remove the ATO and had an external ATO box for that though.

OP
OP
dbroncos

dbroncos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar setup in the G1 170. Mounted the Vecton UV inside the cabinet on the left side opposite the roller mat (Clarisea SK3000) on the right. Worked well, short distance from the return pump.

I did remove the ATO and had an external ATO box for that though.
Thank you I assume you had a separate pump for the UV and had it drain into the return section?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you I assume you had a separate pump for the UV and had it drain into the return section?
Nope, in line on my return pump! Most efficient way, all water is being treated.

OP
OP
dbroncos

dbroncos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, in line on my return pump! Most efficient way, all water is being treated.
Thanks no issues with flow rates since UV's require a lower flow rate usually 350ish GPH for Algae control and even lower for Protozoa bacteria control? I was going to set it up on my return line but was worried that the lower GPH needed would not be the best if using my return line.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks no issues with flow rates since UV's require a lower flow rate usually 350ish GPH for Algae control and even lower for Protozoa bacteria control? I was going to set it up on my return line but was worried that the lower GPH needed would not be the best if using my return line.
Well, your flow rate as you say depends on what you are trying to achieve.. If that does not match your desired tank turnover, then this is not the setup for you :)

Alternatively, you can fit a second pump just to feed the UV; recirculation in a small sump like the one on the RS 200 is less beneficial but gives you added flexibility and control on the other hand.

OP
OP
dbroncos

dbroncos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks it’s not about tank turnover I was more worried about dialing in the right GPH for the skimmer and reefmat.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 37 34.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 18 16.7%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back