Red Sea Reefer 250, put heaters where?

KnightlyBuzz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2020
Messages
165
Reaction score
28
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have difficulty figuring out the best place to put heater(s) in the Reefer 250 sump. The water level is highest in the return area from the display tank, but that area is super small and heats up quickly leading to spikey temp fluctuations. The other areas the water isn’t deep enough for my 11” heaters. I’m leaning toward buying new (shorter) heaters.

Am I thinking right, or just being stupid?
 
I never thought of putting it in the overflow, thanks.
 
Depends on the length of your heaters as well. I keep mine in the first sump chamber.

9175E404-23B5-43DF-BE86-2EF36FC2259F.jpeg
 
Can all heaters be mounted diagonally? I’m using Aqueon glass heaters and I think I remember the instructions saying vertical or horizontal. Does that mean diagonal is okay as well? (Sorry, I’m still a rookie.)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new