Red Sea Reefer 300 G2+ water level

Justinpm709

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Orlando
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I notice that the water level in my tank has to be lower than others to keep the water from going down the emergency overflow. The emergency overflow sits slightly lower than the main drain and it is unclear if this is how it is suppose to be. The tank size is 80gal and the return pump I am using is a Sicce Syncra 3.0 at 60%. I could not figure out how to attach the image so here is an iCloud link to it - https://share.icloud.com/photos/0e11jIDiV-uVeg8M24U6uweXg
 
I run the level on my reefer 300 right up to edge of the e drain. I'm ok with a little trickle going down the e drain.
The main drain fills from openings down on the bottom of the clear square piece not over the top so the e drain is not lower than the main drain it just appears that way. You should be able to twist on the clear piece and lift it out to see what i mean.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new