Red Sea reefer 350

jat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help with a stocking list for a 73 gallon display reef tank this will be my first fish and also all the supplies that i should get

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help with a stocking list for a 73 gallon display reef tank this will be my first fish and also all the supplies that i should get

Congrats!

Aways liked the stance of the 350, you should be able to make a great aqua-scape with it.

Supplies:
1) Buy a 4 stage RO/DI unit with a built-in TDS meter, use that pure RO/DI for mixing salt, and with the 350's auto top off setup.

Cool thread!

Gobi-Wan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Here is a great place to start!
Any of the other sticky threads at the top of this forum will be helpful too!
That will be much more comprehensive than anything I can come up with off the top of my head... but as for stocking-
My favorite fish for cleaning the sand is a diamond goby. Very hard worker, have to mention it since it’s featured in my profile pic.
Clownfish of course are an easy choice- easy to keep and very hardy. Stick with oscellaris (Nemo) or skunk clowns, other types can be aggressive.
Start with smaller and less aggressive fish and work your way up slowly from there as they become established.
Most fish websites have a “beginner fish” section that suggests easy-to-keep varieties to think about. However, you’ll likely see those fish in the aquariums of all kinds of people here from beginner to advanced aquarists and probably won’t regret starting with them.
I also love tangs and everyone seems to want one so I will give you the most general advice I can- in your reefer 350 I would imagine you could have one of basically anything in the ctenochaetus (not sure on spelling) family, aka bristletooth tangs. Beyond that opinions vary as far as space that tangs need but most would agree a tomini bristletooth or a yellow eye kole tang (also a bristletooth) would do well in a tank that size. That’s probably a fish you want to wait a while and add last though when you have some experience, since they can be territorial.
Good luck! You found the right place to start.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 55 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 39 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back