Red Sea REEFER 450 *White Tiger*

sheldonjjessup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a really cool setup. It is so organized and "clean" looking. Like a perfect tank for OCD people.

A little off topic but how is that honda you bought 6.25.2015 treating you? Your camera has really good resolution. hehe.
Lol, we got a new odyssey, we love it! The tank is getting there, but as you know aways something to do.

sheldonjjessup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know if you buy the WAV system you will end up winning the contest....things just seem to work that way lol.
I wish that were true, but I couldn't find anyone who had it stock, so I went with a gyre, and the ice cap controller

sheldonjjessup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i jumped on the gyre boat as soon as it came out... had cord rot got zapped... i have a 450 too, black. i have the quiet drives on it now and it does well... a pair of mp40's but have a few dead spots due to rock work. i just got back from MACNA and talked to the guys at Neptune and had them demonstrate a pair of WAV's they had setup on a 450 with similar rock work to mine and i think I'm sold. if you run an APEX its almost a no brainer.
That's awesome, I have been looking for more videos on the Wav, but could only find a few. Also I noticed there wasn't as many videos of MACNA this year, I wonder why. I saw a video from tidal gardens, showing the maxspec booth and I liked the gyre, ironically I found that video looking for Wav videos

sheldonjjessup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i jumped on the gyre boat as soon as it came out... had cord rot got zapped... i have a 450 too, black. i have the quiet drives on it now and it does well... a pair of mp40's but have a few dead spots due to rock work. i just got back from MACNA and talked to the guys at Neptune and had them demonstrate a pair of WAV's they had setup on a 450 with similar rock work to mine and i think I'm sold. if you run an APEX its almost a no brainer.
I wanted the wav, but in somethings I am not very patient, maybe neptune will let me do a video review for them if they "sponsor a pair" I was originally thinking of putting the wav pumps on the back wall instead of the sides, so we'll see how loud the gyre is. Could u hear the wav pumps at all?

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were dead silent. I ordered a pair, should be here today actually. I will definitely let you know how they perform. They're replacing a pair of mp40's QD so I'm hoping the ability to control the direction really hits the spots the QD's can't. I REALLLLLLY don't want to rescape

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i realized i didn't include a FT shot.

98cce0a1-ad55-4ef2-903b-f7ceca05eeab_zpsyq5k2z6d.jpg

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were dead silent. I ordered a pair, should be here today actually. I will definitely let you know how they perform. They're replacing a pair of mp40's QD so I'm hoping the ability to control the direction really hits the spots the QD's can't. I REALLLLLLY don't want to rescape

yea i bought a mp40qd, and it was ok for me but my wife was annoyed at the sound, so i returned it. Let me know i am curious, in fact if you feel like making a quick you tube video to see if we can hear them that would be great too!

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to add a few live stock pictures.
_DSC6303_zpshsiqrxdg.jpg

on of my favorites, of the tail spot blenny.

_DSC6295_zpsxqoarqms.jpg

hopefully this will make a nice cluster

There is just something about the brightness of MH that cannot be replicated.
20150822_075804_zpszuhu6ev9.jpg

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea i bought a mp40qd, and it was ok for me but my wife was annoyed at the sound, so i returned it. Let me know i am curious, in fact if you feel like making a quick you tube video to see if we can hear them that would be great too!
Yeah I definitely will, just gotta figure out to load it lol.

Rsandry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking setup !!!
I am currently setting up a Red Sea Reefer of my own (350). Mine has been up and running about two weeks now and the parameters are already looking good.. I went with the Radions and a Gyre and so far I am very happy with both...

Pics are prior to water...

IMG_0116.JPG
IMG_0120.JPG

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking setup !!!
I am currently setting up a Red Sea Reefer of my own (350). Mine has been up and running about two weeks now and the parameters are already looking good.. I went with the Radions and a Gyre and so far I am very happy with both...

IMG_0116.JPG
IMG_0120.JPG
I almost went with the 350, i like your aquascape, is that Reel reef rock?

my gyre is coming today, how do you like it?

Go "White" red sea group!

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking setup !!!

IMG_0116.JPG
IMG_0120.JPG
My brother likes the radians. How do you like em?

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh oh, i think we are going to have a lighting discussion on here too! I am curious as to how many other REEFER owners also went with Radians vs other lights. They do look sharp. I just wanted something white like the stand, i almost went with AI's but trusted my gut for older tried and true technology.

Jeff Hunter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would like to see what you have going. Radions are great so far. Still need to see what they'll do with coral growth

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%

Back