Red Sea Reefer integrated ATO swap out

ajtomase

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2020
Messages
368
Reaction score
162
Location
Chandler
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at either the Red Sea Reefer 625 or the 750 which come with an integrated ATO system and reservoir. Is there a way to remove the integrated ATO and switch it to a Tunze system instead and use an external reservoir instead? Is there instructions on how to change those items? I've been trying to find videos, but there's nothing. Thanks!
 
Does it have the ATO reservoir built into the back of the DT or a separate tank sitting on to of the sump? I have a RS Reefer 170 that had it sitting on top the sump. I swapped that ATO out for a larger tank and used a separate ATO controller.
 
I'm setting up a 625 right now and the reservoir is just a small tank that sits freely on top of the sump, even glides left or right if you want, with a line to the float valve in the return chamber, so yeah completely removable.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new