Red Sea Reefer Max 200 G2+ Custom Piping Question?

2Plus2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I come in need of reassurance, I purchased the lowest level G2+ which comes with ATO, Sump, Tank, Stand, I am not using their ATO or Sump.

I re-piped it with the only option given... 3/4". I had no choice because I can only order that piece in that size from Red Sea since they have weird piping.

I will be running my pump on low settings, I never run my pumps to give me 10x or 5x turn over.

(If it helps, Im running a Fijicube20 sump, Ecotech Vectra S2.)

Will i be ok with all 3/4".
IMG_2978.jpeg

Last edited:

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you searched this on other threads. I remember reading about the pipes and fittings being not that uncommon. You just need to find the right type. It’s like metric and standard sockets

OP
OP

2Plus2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you searched this on other threads. I remember reading about the pipes and fittings being not that uncommon. You just need to find the right type. It’s like metric and standard sockets
Yeap, found some useful information here:

I am well within my range, I plan on doing 5x turn around on my tank which equals to roughly 200gph.

I assume turn around is based on display tank volume, if not then it'll be 300gph.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 28 15.0%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 43 23.0%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 108 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back