Help!!!! Red Sea G2+ 300 Diaphragm valve replacement

ryrybeanie

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 11, 2024
Messages
8
Reaction score
3
Location
Cleveland
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help!!!! I need to replace the downflow valve on my Red Sea system. First how can I make sure no water comes out of the downflow so I can first take the valve apart? I am getting a gurgling sound out of the downflow and turning the valve to close does absolutely nothing. Second should I replace with another Red Sea diaphragm valve or should I start doing some plumbing work? Is there a way to replace the piping under there without water coming out all over the place?
 
Those valves are finicky. I have the older black valve on a 170 and the newer red one on my 300. As finicky as they can be I have never had one fail. Normally noise is caused by the valve needing adjusted or the water level is incorrect.
You can just turn the return pump off and let the water drain then you shouldn't get more than a few drops of water. I've disassembled mine for cleaning a few times and shutting off the return was all I did.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new