Red Sea Reefer Sump V3 Differences

CoralDanimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! It sounds like the new V3 Red Sea Reefer has been rolling out this year and the details talk about a sump that better supports a refugium:
  • Refugium-ready sumps with the downflow valve positioned at the front of the cabinet (not applicable to the Reefer 170).
  • Increased volume for R.O reservoir
  • Introduction of a new filter cup supplied in addition to a micron filter bag. (this item will soon be made available for existing customers as a standalone item for aftermarket upgrade)
  • Plywood cabinet with levelling feet (only applicable to XL425 & XL525 models)
I was thinking about upgrading the Red Sea Reefer 250 and I was curious what the sump changes are because I really like big refugiums in sumps. Does anyone have a V3 and pictures of what the new sump looks like so I can compare to the current model?
Have a good one :)

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! It sounds like the new V3 Red Sea Reefer has been rolling out this year and the details talk about a sump that better supports a refugium:
  • Refugium-ready sumps with the downflow valve positioned at the front of the cabinet (not applicable to the Reefer 170).
  • Increased volume for R.O reservoir
  • Introduction of a new filter cup supplied in addition to a micron filter bag. (this item will soon be made available for existing customers as a standalone item for aftermarket upgrade)
  • Plywood cabinet with levelling feet (only applicable to XL425 & XL525 models)
I was thinking about upgrading the Red Sea Reefer 250 and I was curious what the sump changes are because I really like big refugiums in sumps. Does anyone have a V3 and pictures of what the new sump looks like so I can compare to the current model?
Have a good one :)
Welp,
We've got you covered on this thread.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/red-sea-reefer-version-3.399664/

:)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back