OP
Reefer Deez

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is going really well with the new Ro reactor. The flow is up nice and high. I have a neptune fmk that I need to hook up to see what flow is actually going through the reactor but life has been busy lately ;)
Parameters are looking good except the nitrates but the coral are happy and that's what matters!
Nitrate = 20
Ph = 8.2
Calcium = 425
Magnesium = 1320
Phosphate = 0.06
Ammonia = 0
Nitrite = 0
Salinity = 1.025
Temp= 78. 1
Here's a tank down shot
I hope everyone had a good weekend!

20180802_210438.jpg

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great build! I love all the anthias! I totally understand your frustrations with torchs! They are some of my favorites but always seem super finicky.

OP
OP
Reefer Deez

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build! I love all the anthias! I totally understand your frustrations with torchs! They are some of my favorites but always seem super finicky.

Thank you very much :D
Yes they can be a pain but man they are beautiful!

OP
OP
Reefer Deez

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Busy day today on the tank. I did my 20% normal water change tgis week and tested all parameters. They are:
Nitrate 25
Nitrite 0
Salinity 1.026
Ammonia 0
Calcium 400 low
Alkalinity 10 high
Phosphate 0.04
Ph 8.2

My nitrates are high as expected. I recently added 2 reactors one for gfo and one for purigen. I ran those 2 reactors for a few months now or close to a few months and I have not got the results I am looking for. I know everything takes time and the purigen needed to mich attention in my opinion. I know it works well for some and some have great success with it but I was always seeming to have to adjust it to get correct flow or it would clog and I had to disassemble the reactor to in clog it. So I've decided to try a clear water algae scrubber. I purched it from BRS last week and received it wendsday. So today I removed the 2 reactors and installed the ATS. It seems more natural and less maintenance to me but I have my fingers crossed. I still want to thank everyone for helping me with the reactor especially @GoVols for walking me through every step of the way!

OP
OP
Reefer Deez

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still having the same problem with my corals and what appears to be STN :( I'm loosing my 3rd gold torch right Joe and a plate coral and a gold frogspawn as well :( it all started when I purched a pink tip torch and I have cut that torch twice already when on of the heads starts to die. Yesterday I caught the beginning of the process and I'm going to try to take progress shots of what's happening and hopefully someone can help me or I can figure somthing out to stop this.
I have changed my water my salt my dosing my nutrient exportation. I was using nopox for almost a year then switched to the gfo and purigen and now a ln ATS.
Day 1

20180903_195040.jpg

OP
OP
Reefer Deez

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But with all that said today ended awesome! I signed on to R2R to say hello and post on my build page To my surprise I was one of first people to receive a hospitality award with another person @Billldg! That is huge to me and really means alot :D this community is amazing and the people here are so wonder and kind! Thank you everyone!

Screenshot_20180903-195633_Gallery.jpg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But with all that said today ended awesome! I signed on to R2R to say hello and post on my build page To my surprise I was one of first people to receive a hospitality award with another person @Billldg! That is huge to me and really means alot :D this community is amazing and the people here are so wonder and kind! Thank you everyone!

Feeling is mutual.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeling is mutual.

Well deserved!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Feeling is mutual.

Congrats, Guys

You do a great job and it's well deserved.

Deez,
Hope the scrubber works out.

OP
OP
Reefer Deez

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats, Guys

You do a great job and it's well deserved.

Deez,
Hope the scrubber works out.

Thank you very much!
I hope it works I'm disappointed I couldn't get the purigen to work for me as it has for you but like you said what works for one might not work for another.
Thank you again for all the help!

OP
OP
Reefer Deez

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't post any pictures of the torch for a wile because it started to look like it was going to recover but I woke up this morning and saw it has gotten a little bit worse :( last week I lost 2 more heads on another touch and my holy grail hammer went quick, in a matter of 4 days :confused:
I spoke with the owner of the fish store I go to and he suggested running ozone but when I read up on it there is alot of mixed opinions about it. I'm at a loss and I don't know what to do :(

20180916_194104.jpg

OP
OP
Reefer Deez

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for all the struggles you have been having. Have you had any improvements or positive updates?

Sad to say but no :(
And now that I have changed my nutrient export methods and some mistakes on my part I let my PO4 get to low to 0 or near 0 with high Nitrates I think I just noticed some dinos start to firm on my rocks :confused:
So now I'm reading on how to deal with that. But on a better note I haven't lost another coral yet but I haven't figured out what it is. I'm really hesitant to try out the ozone method.
Thank you for the concern

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 39 48.1%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.4%
Back