OP
OP
SteedC

SteedC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your doing SPS corals you will need 4 MP 40s for water movement. Everyone has their favorite equipment. My advice go with the best you can afford. If you make a decision based on money you will most likely be replacing it later. Go slow only bad things happen quickly in this hobby

Thanks Jay. I have 2 MP40's on the sides so you think 2 more MP40's in the back to create more flow?

OP
OP
SteedC

SteedC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't updated this in a while so here is goes. I was getting a little frustrated as I ran into a case of Dyno's and I suspect is was because my Nitrates and Phosphates were at 0 for a sustained period of time. I began to run carbon to deal with the toxins it was going to release and started removing it by hand to the best of my ability. I also started dosing Nitrates and Phosphates and have to still dose Phosphates every other day in order to get a measurable reading. It did a number on my corals and I lost a few and a few are hanging in the balance.

OP
OP
SteedC

SteedC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also ran and ICP test and parameters all came back good with the recommendation that I should does for some lesser known items for color so I picked up RedSea Trace colors.

OP
OP
SteedC

SteedC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was active on WWC live sale over the weekend and picked up 9 new pieces of coral they get delivered on Friday so I am excited to get some new coral in the tank.

OP
OP
SteedC

SteedC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before the addition of the WWC buy.

20190518_180526.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back