Red Sea reefer xxl 750 cable management control panel HELP

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fellow reefers

I need a little help figure out the best way for cable management and overal control panel placement in the xxl750 stand v3.

I have looked for inspirations and pictures for the last 4-5days but still can’t find what I’m looking for without having to dyi. I’ve seen people with some BEAUTIFUL over the top set ups in the chiller department but I just want something that looks clean and neat.

I will be utilizing the chiller section of the stand and so far I have only found the adaptive reef panel and the Red Sea slide out panel.

Adaptive reef: I don’t mind the price. I like that I can over the back but it’s only 16” in width and the chiller section is 22. I want a little more coverage and haven’t really seen folks that used this panel.

Red Sea Slide out: I like the big slide out they have made and I think it’s wonderful but what do I do with all the wires. I would want something to cover the back of the stand to hide the wiring.

As of now leaning to maybe using both. But if someone knows anything better out there would be appreciated. Worst case I may have to do a little diy with some cabinet grade plywood u have in the garage.

**** picture are highly welcomed and appreciated *****

Thank you

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the Adaptive Reef cabinet in my 750XXL (the slide-out control board wasn't available at the time, but I would've added it). If you can remind me later today I'll take a few pictures for you.

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the Adaptive Reef cabinet in my 750XXL (the slide-out control board wasn't available at the time, but I would've added it). If you can remind me later today I'll take a few pictures for you.
Thanks @blaxsun. In the many threads I’ve looked at yours is the one I’ve seen. I like the cabinet design but I feel like it takes too much real estate away from the chiller section. Ideally would want something that still allows the space to be used for other items as my tank is in the living room.

Btw your tank is a beauty

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @blaxsun. In the many threads I’ve looked at yours is the one I’ve seen. I like the cabinet design but I feel like it takes too much real estate away from the chiller section. Ideally would want something that still allows the space to be used for other items as my tank is in the living room.

Btw your tank is a beauty
Thanks! It does take up a lot of real estate, but to be honest - that cabinet is crammed full of power bricks and wiring for the most part.

You might find it more advantageous to go with a slide-out panel from Red Sea and a controller board from Adaptive Reef instead.

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! It does take up a lot of real estate, but to be honest - that cabinet is crammed full of power bricks and wiring for the most part.

You might find it more advantageous to go with a slide-out panel from Red Sea and a controller board from Adaptive Reef instead.
Yes exactly what I was thinking. Currently have 3 reef octopus controllers (2 pumps, 1 skinner), 2 vortechs controllers, apex, ronco temp monitor and I think that’s about all that I need access to right now. The rest of wires and power bricks I can hide behind the tank.

Anyone else has any ideas? Pics? There must be something better specifically for the xxl750

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes exactly what I was thinking. Currently have 3 reef octopus controllers (2 pumps, 1 skinner), 2 vortechs controllers, apex, ronco temp monitor and I think that’s about all that I need access to right now. The rest of wires and power bricks I can hide behind the tank.

Anyone else has any ideas? Pics? There must be something better specifically for the xxl750
I wouldn't necessarily recommend placing them behind the tank. Those darned fish can really splash sometimes...

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't necessarily recommend placing them behind the tank. Those darned fish can really splash sometimes...
That’s true. 120 only had a few fish and I had all the power bricks in the back. Never had an issue until one time when I moved the tank and during filling the rodi tube slipped out of the tank and drenched a 6 outlet surge protector. After a little smoke and hunting for a new one at 12am everything was back to normal. Now I’m siding with the adaptive reef board which will give me the option to add the dos on the side in the future with a Red Sea slide out

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s true. 120 only had a few fish and I had all the power bricks in the back. Never had an issue until one time when I moved the tank and during filling the rodi tube slipped out of the tank and drenched a 6 outlet surge protector. After a little smoke and hunting for a new one at 12am everything was back to normal. Now I’m siding with the adaptive reef board which will give me the option to add the dos on the side in the future with a Red Sea slide out
Yes, the custom cut-outs for the DOS (etc.) are very handy. I saw one tank where they mounted the Adaptive Reef board to the slide out.

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the custom cut-outs for the DOS (etc.) are very handy. I saw one tank where they mounted the Adaptive Reef board to the slide out.
Interesting I don’t know if the dos will between the back mounted adaptive reef and the side mounted slide out plus adaptive reef. But that problem will get to down the line.

I wonder if there is a thread specifically for wire management / control panel for the Red Sea Reefer 750xxl. @Elder1945

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting I don’t know if the dos will between the back mounted adaptive reef and the side mounted slide out plus adaptive reef. But that problem will get to down the line.

I wonder if there is a thread specifically for wire management / control panel for the Red Sea Reefer 750xxl. @Elder1945
Yeah, nix that idea (the front panel looks to be all one piece).

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any reefer 750 owners care to chime in?

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going with the slide-out panel from Red Sea?
I like the idea and the look but doesn’t really help with wire management. I think I’m gonna start with the adaptive reef control board for now, unless someone chimes in here with a better idea. My tank is in the living room and I want everything to fit inside the stand and have room for future equipment as well.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the idea and the look but doesn’t really help with wire management. I think I’m gonna start with the adaptive reef control board for now, unless someone chimes in here with a better idea. My tank is in the living room and I want everything to fit inside the stand and have room for future equipment as well.
The best setup I saw with the sliding control panel was an Adaptive Reef panel they'd bolted to it - in effect giving you a raised/sliding Adaptive Reef control panel.

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best setup I saw with the sliding control panel was an Adaptive Reef panel they'd bolted to it - in effect giving you a raised/sliding Adaptive Reef control panel.
Tried looking for it but no luck

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's one (looking for a few others).

Found one with the slide-out/Adaptive Reef (post #12).

And one I found where I'd linked a bunch of sump setups post #74).

Hope this gives you a few more ideas.

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back