Control/Box Panel Ideas?

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi -

I am building a IM 100 INT (complete). I am going with the stock sump, so under the tank looks pretty full.

I was curious on how people organized their electronics, power bricks, and controller? Inside the sump, on an external control box on the side, etc?

Hanging off the outside side will not be an option (have a small dog and kid).

I like the slide out panels on the red seas, but don’t need to go that direction if there is a better idea and something slick

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people repurpose the single or double door accent cabinets you might find in a bathroom. Some also include a drawer. 100 bucks give or take and a bit of ones time yields a control panel.

OP
OP
crabgrass

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people repurpose the single or double door accent cabinets you might find in a bathroom. Some also include a drawer. 100 bucks give or take and a bit of ones time yields a control panel.

Yep. I am waiting on the tank, but purchased a IKEA HAVSTA cabinet when it was on sale and added an adaptive reef board. I will be working on setting up equipment and board over the next few weeks and provide an update

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I built my own. Fairly easy and really fun. I needed it to fin in the closet next to the tank.
20231119_183007.jpg

OP
OP
crabgrass

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

my plan is to take an ikea cabinet, cut a big hole out on the back to map to an adaptive reef control board. then slap a adaptive reef control board on the back.

Is there a clean way to hide power bricks? Just on the backside of the adaptive reef board?

Any links for cool hangers (I’ve seen 3d printed power brick holders, etc), and other common control box stuff?

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my plan is to take an ikea cabinet, cut a big hole out on the back to map to an adaptive reef control board. then slap a adaptive reef control board on the back.

Is there a clean way to hide power bricks? Just on the backside of the adaptive reef board?

Any links for cool hangers (I’ve seen 3d printed power brick holders, etc), and other common control box stuff?

I have not used the adaptive board so would defer to others here. With regards to 3d printing that is a valid solution for some of your needs (power bricks).

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Teamson Home Avery Wooden Over The Toilet Bathroom Removable Wall Medicine Cabinet with 2 Adjustable Shelves 3 Storage Spaces 2 Glass-Paneled Doors and Antique Brass Knobs, Oiled Oak https://a.co/d/8xsDbJa

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1/4" plywood construction. Should have been a little bigger but it works.
Next to my 100INT.

Attachments

• P1110212.JPG
    P1110212.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 38

Reign1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built my own. Fairly easy and really fun. I needed it to fin in the closet next to the tank.
20231119_183007.jpg
Where did you get the 90 degree plugs @ to plug in to the power bar? I am going to do a similar DIY board..

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What sort of device are you using for your dashboard?
I use a iPad. Just set it up to my go to sleep.
I use double sided tape for the blocks and the stickers that you can weave tip ties through for the chords. It could be neater but it's not too bad.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 67 77.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.7%
Back