Red Sea Salt

For those that decided to purchased the regular Red Sea Salt, are you guys shooting for a ULNS or do you simply prefer to run ALK on the lower end of the scale? I just purchased the Pro version and I'm now planning to bump up my tanks ALK so that it matches the actual salt. I figured the salt will allow me to does less 2 part, plus it's currently 25% off on DR. F & S including free shipping.
 
For those that decided to purchased the regular Red Sea Salt, are you guys shooting for a ULNS or do you simply prefer to run ALK on the lower end of the scale? I just purchased the Pro version and I'm now planning to bump up my tanks ALK so that it matches the actual salt. I figured the salt will allow me to does less 2 part, plus it's currently 25% off on DR. F & S including free shipping.

Both for me, I'm running bio pellets so I try to keep my params close to natural levels. I like to keep my alk below 9 anyways, just what seems to work for me.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I'm not currently running a ULNS, but I prefer an alk of around 9. It gives me a bit more flexibility in either direction if something goes wrong.
 
pro almost destroyed my tank. Will never buy again, reps were rude. IO gets the job done and is usally cheaper.
 
pro almost destroyed my tank. Will never buy again, reps were rude. IO gets the job done and is usally cheaper.

Can you please elaborate?

The only real concern I have, is since I normally run my ALK around 9 DKH and the pro salt hovers around 12-14 DKH, doing a 5 gallon water change on a 35 gallon system can be a little risky. I'm planning on increasing my ALK to roughly 12 DKH to help avoid any issues. Is there anything else I should be concerned about?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a system more stable with higher ALK & Mag levels?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new