Red Sea Skimmer RSK300 modifications?

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running a really old Mode Aquariums Skimmer. Which has been doing great for years and years. But this week the pump died. Cant find a replacement pump. Its a space saver inside the skimmer pump.

So went ahead and ordered a RSK300. Didn't feel like splurging on a larger model or a reef octopus. The RSK300 I think should hand my load in my 125g well enough.
My question is if anyone has modified the cup on one of these for an Apex/Neptune Optical level sensor?

I was using a Neptune Optical Sensor in the old skimmers cup but not properly. I was just using the magnet about 3/4 of the way up in the cup and just put the lid over the wire. It was skimming good and the sensor worked if the cup ever filled to that point. Not pretty but did the job.

Was hoping there was a more proper way to integrate the Neptune Optical Sensor into the new RSK300.

danR777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It would be awesome if Neptune came out with an optical sensor like AquaSmart has on their Skimmer Level Guard...

Where the dry side has the sensor and the magnet wireless closes the circuit somehow (I heard it was patented)

Back