Red Sea Test Kit Cuvettes

jmatt

Just gettin' started. Again.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would think that since shaking these cuvettes filled with water and chemicals is part of the test procedure, that the lids for the cuvettes would actually keep the liquid from spraying out as you shook them. But you'd be wrong.

Which is disappointing since they're not exactly cheap. I'd have sent this whine directly to them but I see no email ability on their website. Perhaps they'll see it here.

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
jmatt

jmatt

Just gettin' started. Again.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are fine (no leaks). Maybe you should get your wife to tighten them like I do? :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
These don't have any kind of seal cushioning in the cap, so even when they're as tight as you can make them they cannot stop fluid from leaking. Perhaps they forgot to insert the inner cap pads or something.

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of my caps seal just fine and some don’t. I never checked to see if some caps only sealed some vials or not. Most are fine. Even on the leaky ones, I can swirl the vials just fine.

And some of my Hanna vial caps lack the little seals and ALL of those leak.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These don't have any kind of seal cushioning in the cap, so even when they're as tight as you can make them they cannot stop fluid from leaking. Perhaps they forgot to insert the inner cap pads or something.
The older version, the hard plastic cap, had a liner but it was inappropriate for the intended use and it fell apart over time. Too much cardboard in the design :)

The new softer plastic cap comes with no liner and can leak, but some don’t.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back