Red Sea warranty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I had my tank replaced by Red Sea, in the emails, they required me to destroy the serial number of my old tank.
Today I picked up my new tank from the wholesaler (was that ever a head ache) and now the wholesaler is demeaning I have the tanks switched out in 2 days, and bring my old one back.

in the emails with Red Sea,they never once mentioned returning the old tank.

when I picked up my tank from the wholesaler, which they refused to let me do for the past few days (had to get Red Sea to tell them to let me), they made me load my own tank into my vehicle, while watching me.
I don’t know if this wholesaler is just trying to make my life hard or if Red Sea actually needs the tank back?
Can any one help?

tjscott46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tell them they should pray for compassion. if that doesn’t make them a skimeritta, heavy on the rim salt

macdave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would get back with your contact at Red Sea and have them explain to the wholesaler how they want the return to work. Most wholesale companies are not used to or equipped to deal with non wholesale customers.

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is their action if you don't return it? Quite honestly, I personally wouldn't bother. Are they going to charge your CC? Are they even authorized to do that? Unless they have something in writing that stipulates you must return it, I personally wouldn't even bother. What's the worst that they could do?? Sounds like an empty threat to me. I call their bluff.

OP
OP
RJKain-777

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is their action if you don't return it? Quite honestly, I personally wouldn't bother. Are they going to charge your CC? Are they even authorized to do that? Unless they have something in writing that stipulates you must return it, I personally wouldn't even bother. What's the worst that they could do?? Sounds like an empty threat to me. I call their bluff.

I never had to give my credit card info to any one during this process. Only thing I signed was stating I received the tank. But that’s good to know, thank you. I didn’t think Red Sea required returns on tanks . It would cost to much.

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had to give my credit card info to any one during this process. Only thing I signed was stating I received the tank. But that’s good to know, thank you. I didn’t think Red Sea required returns on tanks . It would cost to much.

I don't want to give you poor advice here - but I know if it was me in this situation, I simply wouldn't bother.

Like, come get it if they want it. Be my guest.

OP
OP
RJKain-777

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to give you poor advice here - but I know if it was me in this situation, I simply wouldn't bother.

Like, come get it if they want it. Be my guest.

That’s honestly how I feel after the headache I went threw, and loading it my self while they watched. Good thing I drive a mini van.

I’ve read a lot of warranty stories on redsea, but no one mentioned returning it. So I wasn’t sure.

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea replaced my tank for a small problem and never asked to return the old one, and they didn't ask me to destroy the serial# - although that could be new practice that I don't necessarily disagree with. Kind of makes sense so that warranty is voided on that. I think that's fair.

One thing I do know, is that I would challenge the wholesaler's request to return the old tank. "How rude!" (Full house reference)

Please take my advice with a grain of salt. I'm a bit feisty some times!

OP
OP
RJKain-777

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea replaced my tank for a small problem and never asked to return the old one, and they didn't ask me to destroy the serial# - although that could be new practice that I don't necessarily disagree with. Kind of makes sense so that warranty is voided on that. I think that's fair.

One thing I do know, is that I would challenge the wholesaler's request to return the old tank. "How rude!" (Full house reference)

Please take my advice with a grain of salt. I'm a bit feisty some times!

Yeah, I’m waiting on Red Sea to get back to me . Will let you know

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck!! Red Sea was amazing to deal with. I've never had a complaint. I know a lot of people on here don't care for their brand anymore with some of the larger tanks failing. But, the way I see it is that it's always a risk to have a large body of water in your home. Plus, they probably manufacturer somewhere in the millions of tanks so a few failures here and there are inevitable.

I couldn't be happier with Red Sea as a whole, and would still recommend them to anyone. That opinion could change should I ever experience a catastrophic failure - but that's what I have insurance for, and redundancy for my livestock.

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst!

OP
OP
RJKain-777

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck!! Red Sea was amazing to deal with. I've never had a complaint. I know a lot of people on here don't care for their brand anymore with some of the larger tanks failing. But, the way I see it is that it's always a risk to have a large body of water in your home. Plus, they probably manufacturer somewhere in the millions of tanks so a few failures here and there are inevitable.

I couldn't be happier with Red Sea as a whole, and would still recommend them to anyone. That opinion could change should I ever experience a catastrophic failure - but that's what I have insurance for, and redundancy for my livestock.

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst!
That’s how I feel, there beautiful tanks. And Red Sea was “ok” to deal with. Living in Canada proved its challenges, hence the wholesaler being a middle man. I more have an issue with my LFS and wholesaler then anything.

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s how I feel, there beautiful tanks. And Red Sea was “ok” to deal with. Living in Canada proved its challenges, hence the wholesaler being a middle man. I more have an issue with my LFS and wholesaler then anything.
I'm in Canada too. I had to arrange a broker in order to receive the tank and bring the goods over the border. That was the only trouble I experienced. And it wasn't too bad in the end!

OP
OP
RJKain-777

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Canada too. I had to arrange a broker in order to receive the tank and bring the goods over the border. That was the only trouble I experienced. And it wasn't too bad in the end!

I probably should have gotten a broker my self. Would have saved the hassle.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back