Red Sea Wavemaker 25 noisy compared to my 45

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TbSaysNo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It makes a very loud sound (link: ).

I contacted Red Sea, who said that it is loud because it is new, and told me to send them a video which I did. they are refusing to do anything and keeps asking for new videos every time I try to get help

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It makes a very loud sound (link: ).

I contacted Red Sea, who said that it is loud because it is new, and told me to send them a video which I did. they are refusing to do anything and keeps asking for new videos every time I try to get help

Welcome to red sea support. Honestly, if you want to make it quiet, there is a sure fire way. Unplug it, put in a drawer and get a better powerhead. This coming from someone whom has two red seas reefwaves in his tank.

OP
OP
TbSaysNo

TbSaysNo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to red sea support. Honestly, if you want to make it quiet, there is a sure fire way. Unplug it, put in a drawer and get a better powerhead. This coming from someone whom has two red seas reefwaves in his tank.
I guess so, I seriously regret buying a reefer g2 deluxe.
the skimmer suck, the wave maker suck, lights are nice buit cost too much...

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess so, I seriously regret buying a reefer g2 deluxe.
the skimmer suck, the wave maker suck, lights are nice buit cost too much...
The wavemaker, once you get it dialed and is in set it and forget it mode..I dont mind. The lights are actually reasonable given the other premium lights out there and I like mine for my fresh glow fish tank (actually rather stunning). Unfortunately, the initial set up and break in of the equipment is some of the worst user experience I have ever had to suffer through. If I had 'unlimited money', I would have tossed these in the trash and just went another route. But given they are set up and I dont care enough to play with buttons...they will do until they die. But definitely not replacing with the same brand.

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Interesting, my 45's are awesome. Been running them for almost two years and they are silent. Maintenance is way easier than my Maxspect XF150 and a better build quality as well.

Maybe take the 25 apart and make sure there isn't anything strange with one of the propellers causing an imbalance. If you bought it new and are just discovering the issue, then return for a refund or replacement.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have the Red Sea gyres but do have Maxspect gyres and have found that the smaller models are much noisier then the larger model.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you choose the wavemaker 45 over the vortech mp40? I just got a used reefer 450.
I like the ReefWaves - they push a nice wall of water. Some prefer the Vortechs as they have the wet/dry side feature. Function-wise you both have a controller and the ability to control through the app.

Aquaplumb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found from factory when I first got mine the rubber grommet that the spindle or shaft slides into on each end wasn’t exactly centred causing the shaft to spin off perfect axis, after pulling apart and reassembling it fixed the sound issue.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 25 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 95 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back