Red Sea worth it?

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to sell my wife on this:

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reefer-xl-425-complete-system-88-gal-red-sea.html

Ill be taking down my 90 to re model that room, may move my fish all to the 125, setup my extra 60 for the rock and coral in anotehr room to keep the cycle on the rock, and replace it with a new tank,

Its down to begging for the Red Sea, and a standard Aqueon 90.

Tell me the ways of the Red Sea.

Johnson556

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a standard Marineland 180G that I built out with all the bells and whistles, plumbing alone was over $300.

Just downsized to a Reefer250 and now regret all prior decisions made, very happy with it. You cant lose going with a Reefer or Waterbox.

I’m about 90% complete, just waiting for my skimmer arrive since this somatic is a point of sale. The person I bought it from didn’t include the fuge baffle which is also on its way.

6AAB043D-1BFA-488B-8776-83CBDBE451BB.jpeg

Mariette

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had a Red Sea. But have been there w the begging lol. Hang in there. If the numbers work and the wife sees how into this you are, she might come around. If I could convince my husband of all ppl, there’s hope for anyone out there lol. Just try and get the numbers right before you go promising a budget. I learned the hard way that budgets and this hobby don’t mix lol

Frizzles7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Red Sea. Totally worth every penny to me. I’m toying with getting another one.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me its not the $$ im looking for clean looking, easy to take care of etc. My 90 is an old all glass tank i picked up off craigslist for 100 bucks with stand, threw a overflow box on it, 30 gallon sump etc. I have all the gear for the new replacement tank, im just over the look of it, and looking for streamlined. My science experiment tank is my 125 downstairs. Im looking at the 425, as i cant go any bigger than that really on that floor.

My current stand is a PITA to get my skimmer cup out of, to change filter socks, and general maint. I have a 5 gallon bucket next to it for ATO as it wouldnt fit in the stand ETC, so if i have to move it to remodel the living area, i feel it needs to fit the style and be slick and streamline.

The begging comes down to her HATE of rimless tanks.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back