Red Sea's 18 Gallon Desktop - Feedback

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was at LFS today, and they are displaying and promoting the Red Sea 18 Gallon Desktop "Cube" - All in One. I had a look at the chambers and what not and see that it's specifically designed to use Red Sea products. Is this the case, and would I be challenged to use other 3rd party items. Ie. filter socks, skimmers, configurations etc.

I'm assuming that this aquarium won't have the past historical issues with seams breaking.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would hope so, but I wouldn't be willing to be the first to try it.

Crawford_T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was at LFS today, and they are displaying and promoting the Red Sea 18 Gallon Desktop "Cube" - All in One. I had a look at the chambers and what not and see that it's specifically designed to use Red Sea products. Is this the case, and would I be challenged to use other 3rd party items. Ie. filter socks, skimmers, configurations etc.

I'm assuming that this aquarium won't have the past historical issues with seams breaking.
I just started this tank. Seams are super beefy and uses 8mm glass. Rear chambers are small and appear to be specifically designed for use of Red Sea skimmer etc. I have no plans to run any of that so it’s a non issue for me. Return chamber is very small, ATO is a must otherwise the pump will suck air in 24hr. I’m running the Tunze nano. I’m also not using the Red Sea cabinet in favor of a wife approved cabinet that’s 32x20(ish) so no glass hangs off.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back