Red Sores on clownfish

shayanlion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I'm a newbie here. I bought a clownfish yesterday and all of a sudden he started to develop red sores on his body. His swimming patterns and eating is normal though (at least so far). There are 3 fish in my tank and 2 of them are clownfish. My tank is newly cycled and my parameters seems to be correct, however, the Ammonia and Nitrate levels are not zero. Please see the attached video of my fish. I appreciate if anyone knows what seems to be the problem and what should be done.

Attachments

• IMG_2556.mp4
    4.7 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I'm a newbie here. I bought a clownfish yesterday and all of a sudden he started to develop red sores on his body. His swimming patterns and eating is normal though (at least so far). There are 3 fish in my tank and 2 of them are clownfish. My tank is newly cycled and my parameters seems to be correct, however, the Ammonia and Nitrate levels are not zero. Please see the attached video of my fish. I appreciate if anyone knows what seems to be the problem and what should be done.
Any corals in the tank that could have stung it?
More likely, it is feuding with one of the other clowns. They can be pretty sly and not fight while you are watching them?
Any signs of ripped fins? I couldn’t see that in the video, but the fish was pretty small and far away in the video.
Jay

OP
OP
S

shayanlion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your reply! I don't have any corals yet. And no he doesn't have any ripped fins. Just some small red sores.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White light pics or video would be better.

Screenshot_20230510_165148_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230510_165155_Chrome.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your reply! I don't have any corals yet. And no he doesn't have any ripped fins. Just some small red sores.
Are you asking about the two spots on the fish’s left side on the white stripe? Tough to see, but those may be bruises.
Jay

OP
OP
S

shayanlion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you asking about the two spots on the fish’s left side on the white stripe? Tough to see, but those may be bruises.
Jay
yes those are what concerned me. It's a bit difficult to take a clear picture of them as he is moving fast. But I will send an update if his condition is not improved.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back