Red thorny sea star

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jilly92
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I just want to mention, if they did better with the tap water. You may want to figure out why and add that to your RODI, instead of adding that PLUS all the harmful stuff that's probably in the tap water... Saltwater tanks are about control...everything with your tank is about control...think about it. The livestock, parameters, flow, lights, all of it is about control.
 
I don't agree with using tap water because occasionally the city will put some junk in it that you don't want in your tank. That being said many years ago I ran a 90g softy dominant reef on straight tap water (no filters or declorinator) with no issues or algae or anything. But the tap water here is alot better than in alot of other places.

You've heard our advice but do whatever is working for you and keep on keepin on!
 
Hey everyone, healthy discussion and debate is more than welcome, swearing and name calling is not. Please keep it civil and kind.

Thanks
Crabs
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new