Red threads coming from a central point

MattPLaw

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2024
Messages
122
Reaction score
92
Location
Atlanta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All!
I have attempted to take a few pictures of some sort of Algae? That I have growing in my sand. It looks red under blue reef light. It has threads up to 2ish inches long all comming from a central point. The threads are very fine and blow around constantly. Does anyone know what this is?
I just went through a course of Reef Flux Fluconazole that took care of my bryopsis, but this stuff has not changed.

Please let me know if anyone recognizes this. No one seems to eat it.

20240517_182436~2.jpg 20240517_182339~2.jpg 20240517_182250~2.jpg 20240517_182258.jpg
 
I think you have spaghetti worms. They eat detritus and dont harm anything that I know of.
 
I will look into that, thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new