Red velvet wrasse heavy breathing

TrishK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after 6 weeks in QT my red velvet wrasse has been in the FOWLR 60G for about 5 months. Yesterday he was fine as usual swimming about and eating like crazy. This morning he was on the sand breathing heavy. We checked parameters last week and all was well. Today the PH was around 7.8....it’s usually 8.2. Didn’t know if this could be the reason but dosed ph rise. 10 hours later he still hiding under a rock breathing heavy. No new fish to the tank and really he holds his own as he killed my McCoskers flasher wrasse a few months ago
Not sure what else to do for him. Everyone else is fine (PJ Cardinal, Clown Goby, WG, red banded goby, pair of clowns, royal gramma, cleaner shrimp, small banggai Cardinal, Auriga butterfly and a Pearlscale butterfly. There are no parasites as all of these fish have been quarantined for 6 weeks or longer. I have 5 wrasses in my reef tank and they’ve never acted like this.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear this. Can you post a pic or video of him preferably under white lights?

OP
OP
TrishK

TrishK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear this. Can you post a pic or video of him preferably under white lights?

Sure. He’s come out from under the rocks half way which is improvement and appears to have brown poop hanging from him. Doesn’t seem to be moving his mouth as fast as he was. Going to do a 15% WC just in case.

Attachments

• IMG_7056.MOV
    9.4 MB

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back