Redfin Fairy Wrasse lying on side

Fresh2Salt95

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2021
Messages
51
Reaction score
30
Location
Fairfax
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this normal behavior?

When I went near him with a net, he started swimming around the tank.

I just got this fish delivered today.

I put food in the tank and he ate, so I'm hoping he's gonna be okay, but he went back to laying on his side.

He's not breathing heavily, breathing normal.
 
Shipping can be stressful on wrasses. Keep the lights dim and leave him be for the rest of the day to allow him time to settle in and acclimate to his new surroundings. Once the shipping stress wears off he should start swimming around.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new