OP
W

whitcory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_9319.jpeg

Thought I would update a pic o the full tank. Things are going OK. I have 10 fish at this point. A bit of algae in the sand but manageable. Corals are doing OK. The fish include:

-Foxface Rabbitfish (Fat)
-Blue Tang
-White Tail Bristletooth
-Clownfish (Fat and lazy)
-White Tail Wrasse
-Bluestar Leopard Wrasse
-Copperband Butterfly Fish
-Bimac Anthias (Sort of a bully to the Pintail)
-Pintail Fairy Wrasse

They all GENERALLY get along. Some chasing here and there but think and OK balance for now....We will see.

Last edited:

Genvid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, so as an update, does anyone have this NYOS protein skimmer. I bought it with this tank and it has worked well for the 1.75 years I have had it but....It doesn't automatically start up to a full bubble anymore. When I turn it off for any reason, and start it up it will crank but not bubble up to a full skim. I have to remove the cup and take it out of the water before putting in back in and the top on. WHEN it works it's great but this is annoying. Thoughts or suggestions from anyone on this? Oh and BTW, no comments on my messy sump. I know it's a mess!!! :)
IMG_9250.jpeg
I had the same skimmer two years later, the same thing happened as with you. I tried cleaning it completely in acid, washed it several times, after a while the same problems again. As a result, I bought an Akula UKS-160 two weeks ago, I’m very pleased, heaven and earth.

OP
OP
W

whitcory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear. Is this a common problem? I am thinking about a change. Anyone else haVe this issue with NYOS?

OP
OP
W

whitcory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear. Is this a common problem? I am thinking about a change. Anyone else haVe this issue with NYOS?
So...I my NYOS Skimmer was a mess. It is so loud and while it skims well, it won't start up every time I turn it off. I have to take it out of the water to get it to start. Sooooo, I gave up and bought this new one....The MAXSPECT Aeroqua DUO. I saw it online and it is AWESOME. It has an auto overflow shut off. It has a separate control unit and more importantly it hums so quietly. Took a few days to tune it and it pulls the guck out very well. A nice addition to my tank. Anyone else with any experience with this. It literally has 2 pumps and is quieter than my old one ever was.
IMG_0248.jpeg

IMG_0249.jpeg
IMG_0250.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back