Redsea Desktop Cube + Stand - overhang

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at my LFS yesterday and came across the display of RedSea's Desktop Cube and Stand. I noticed that the aquarium doesn't sit exactly fitted to the stand's top surface, but the front of the aquarium sticks out (overhangs) about maybe 1/4 an inch - such that the aquarium front pane flushes with the cabinet door.

This is normal? I thought that an aquarium should sit flush and sit directly on its stand to ensure proper support and weight distribution.

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Yep, this is intentional by Red Sea. I like many others believe it is a design flaw. Just search for Red Sea leaks and you’ll understand why.

OP
OP
R

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, this is intentional by Red Sea. I like many others believe it is a design flaw. Just search for Red Sea leaks and you’ll understand why.
I didn't know this - when I was examining it at the store, I said to myself that I would never purchase this tanks plus matching stand - I'm not an engineer or anything, but using common sense tells me to not worth taking the chance - don't care what others say it's safe - I rather have the bottom glass pane's full weight to rest on a solid surface.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 151 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.3%
Back