Redsea Led 90 lighting settings. What works for me

Braveheart!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, I’m new to reefing and trying to figure out what works for me. I started my tank 4/1/2022. My tank is a Red Sea 350 and I’m using Red Sea LED90s. I have Zoanthid, Acan, Frogspawn, hammer, and neon green toadstool corals in my tank. I had the blue light setting on the LED90’s on mid 40’s to low 50’s. Everything looked ok. But I noticed after a few months the zoanthids (bottom of the tank) that were getting filtered light because of rocks above we growing like crazy and the ones that most likely receiving the highest PAR we’re doing the worst. (Color looked better, but not growing). I have since turned down my Blue Light PAR to low to mid 40s. It hasn’t been long enough to know for sure, but the are growing better, but with a little less color.
michael

Nairshire Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, I’m new to reefing and trying to figure out what works for me. I started my tank 4/1/2022. My tank is a Red Sea 350 and I’m using Red Sea LED90s. I have Zoanthid, Acan, Frogspawn, hammer, and neon green toadstool corals in my tank. I had the blue light setting on the LED90’s on mid 40’s to low 50’s. Everything looked ok. But I noticed after a few months the zoanthids (bottom of the tank) that were getting filtered light because of rocks above we growing like crazy and the ones that most likely receiving the highest PAR we’re doing the worst. (Color looked better, but not growing). I have since turned down my Blue Light PAR to low to mid 40s. It hasn’t been long enough to know for sure, but the are growing better, but with a little less color.
michael
Hello,
I have the Red Sea 250. I also use the RS LED90's and similar corals. I started out in the low 40 on blue and 10 on white . I then used the ReefBeat acclimation program to slowly raise my light level to Blue 60 and White 25. Set it for 60 days as I recall. Par meter indicates that I'm around 250 at surface and 125 on sand bed. Everything seems happy and is growing.

OP
OP
B

Braveheart!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I have the Red Sea 250. I also use the RS LED90's and similar corals. I started out in the low 40 on blue and 10 on white . I then used the ReefBeat acclimation program to slowly raise my light level to Blue 60 and White 25. Set it for 60 days as I recall. Par meter indicates that I'm around 250 at surface and 125 on sand bed. Everything seems happy and is growing.
Thanks. Keep me updated. How old is your tank

Nairshire Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Keep me updated. How old is your tank
Update. Have settled on 50% blue and 15% white with my RS LED90's. I attempted, using the RS acclimation program, to add more light intensity but, coral wasn't happy. Only thing that enjoyed the extra light was bubble and hair algae.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%

Back