RedSea Max E260 - First Reef, Lets do this!

OpenOcean33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya i think my attempt at aqua-scaping caused a few. I've removed some rock but still feel like I have dead spots. Do you have the return pumps wide open or did you reduce it at all via the click wheel thing on the pump? I have them both wide open now, when i first put together i did not.
I have them wide open. I believe its a little difficult to get some flow behind the aqua scape on mine but I haven't had any issues so far with cyano. Just dino, but I seen a lot of people with red sea have dino maybe a lighting thing I have no idea

OP
OP
Jexter

Jexter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have not updated in a while.

Current Look

IMG_1922.jpg

I also have added light diffusers from 3DReefing , super happy with the results. Fits perfectly and greatly reduces shimmer. Highly recommend if you are looking for diffusers for your Hydra26's.

All my corals from the @WWC live sale are doing great. Birds nest sprouting out, hammer puffy and happy, zoa's growing great, favite and platty all growing. Also picked up a Devils finger and Red goniopora from my LFS in the last few weeks which I love!

IMG_1908.jpg
IMG_1930.jpg
IMG_1912.jpg
IMG_1932.jpg

IMG_1933.jpg

My clowns in QT are doing great, no sign of sickness and seem happy. 5 more weeks before they can go back into the display tank.

I also picked up an IceCap 3k Gyre. Really love the flow it adds and the corals seem to as well. Have noticed an reduction in detritus build up on the sand as well since installing. Have had no noise issues, hopefully it stays that way.

I removed my HOB (Side really) refugium for now. With very little bio load I figure I dont need it for much anyway and I dont want to run a ultra low nutrient tank and could not get nitrates to read above 0 even while ghost feeding. I hated that it did not fit the back of my tank anyway. I'll pry keep the light, sell the refugium and rig up something more DIY that WILL fit on the back if/when i feel the need.

Now im going to to go sit in front my my tank and watch my pets sway back and forth.....

Dub_G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great! I've got the E-260 but I have the optional sump. I run 2 Ecotech MP-10 for additional flow controlled by an Apex. Like you I want a Mandarin. I had one in my first tank. It was a Biotta captive bred and would eat frozen. I had him about 15 months and he disappeared one day. Never could find him. He was growing nicely and almost tripled his size. I want a bigger one next time and that will require a fuge for pods.

Good luck with your tank and the addiction.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back