RedSea Reefer 170. Plumbing Conversion

Saluki2003

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2020
Messages
240
Reaction score
146
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m about to be a new RedSea Reefer 170 owner. I’ve been looking through build threads and see a lot of people have converted the plumbing from metric to standard and changed to red or orange PVC.

Can someone direct me to a plumbing build “how to”? Id like to buy all the plumbing parts and be ready to get to work when I get the tank.

Thanks in advance.
 
Great project, let us know how you get on and share your progress :D

Out of curiosity what are you trying to achieve with a change of perfectly good stock plumbing?

I recently changed my plumbing in my Cade tank to facilitate a new sump with a larger refugium :)
 
Marine and reef has the adapters you are looking for…
I have 170,I went with the new small Reefmat ….
my other Red Sea Tanks have “some”. 1” red pipe underneath
 
Great project, let us know how you get on and share your progress :D

Out of curiosity what are you trying to achieve with a change of perfectly good stock plumbing?

I recently changed my plumbing in my Cade tank to facilitate a new sump with a larger refugium :)
Everything I’ve been reading about the RedSea valve being finicky made me want to redo the plumbing. I also like the look of the red piping over all black.
 
Marine and reef has the adapters you are looking for…
I have 170,I went with the new small Reefmat ….
my other Red Sea Tanks have “some”. 1” red pipe underneath
Thanks I’ll check them out. Does anyone know of a parts list out there for replacing the plumbing?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new