RedSea Reefer 250 Custom Plumbing

jacobupnext

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2021
Messages
19
Reaction score
3
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically I acquired a RedSea reefer 250 from FB marketplace and there was no plumbing included.
2174532E-D777-4EF8-8163-CF0C9DD8C243.jpeg
A4929A75-3145-4163-A792-CCA410A97C48.jpeg
I
1B71DA86-6C03-40BD-B9CD-372D31B66281.jpeg
56DB35BC-BA8A-44A0-85A7-D12ABBC3CE22.jpeg
BCE62A69-7C5B-4CB8-B778-8EEB22BA50A3.jpeg
ADF384AE-F930-4B35-84EB-8586113E0160.jpeg

So I need to custom plumb this entire thing, currently there is 1 1/2 bulkheads but no threads on the other side. The bulkheads are currently glued. I was thinking of keeping the drain & emergency drain at 1 1/2 because they are gravity fed but I would need to reduce the return pipe to 1 or 3/4 to reduce the head pressure.
right now I’m planning this out and really need some help on what to do.
 
Get the inch kit instead of metric so you can use a good gate valve.
 
Get the inch kit instead of metric so you can use a good gate valve.
I have owNed three Red Sea tanks and never had a problem with the valve. Yes sometimes it will begin to drain over the emergency overflow. When this happens open the valve all the way for a few minutes to flush it. Tighten it back to your setting and viola good to go!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 22 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new