Redsea Reefer 250 Triton Conversion

OverHauler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I'm going to be converting my Reefer 250 over to the Triton method. I plan on purchasing a Kessil H80 to use as the refugium light. I've heard and read that the size of the refugium doesn't matter quite as much as the power of the light you use.

My question is if I convert the stock ATO container to a refugium, will the 2.1gal be enough when using this light? If not, my plan is to get a 20H and route the primary drain into it, then add an overflow back into my main sump. Thoughts on that? Either way, it's basically just to last a year or so until I can upgrade to a bigger system.

dechez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I'm going to be converting my Reefer 250 over to the Triton method. I plan on purchasing a Kessil H80 to use as the refugium light. I've heard and read that the size of the refugium doesn't matter quite as much as the power of the light you use.

My question is if I convert the stock ATO container to a refugium, will the 2.1gal be enough when using this light? If not, my plan is to get a 20H and route the primary drain into it, then add an overflow back into my main sump. Thoughts on that? Either way, it's basically just to last a year or so until I can upgrade to a bigger system.
Should have a minimum of 10%of tank volume for your fuge.2 1/2 gal doesn't quite cut it for any impact over parameters .

satttheman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running Triton on my 250 with a scrubber from 302 Aquatics. Been setup for about two months. ULNS, need to send a test off to Triton but everything is growing well except my sps which is an lighting issue.

OP
OP
OverHauler

OverHauler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running Triton on my 250 with a scrubber from 302 Aquatics. Been setup for about two months. ULNS, need to send a test off to Triton but everything is growing well except my sps which is an lighting issue.
Interesting, which size scrubber did you go with and how did you install it? Pics?

satttheman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AS-04. Looks a mess right now wires and crap everywhere. Lol. Thinking about getting Joe at 302 to make me sump.

f466764ae159877be4e681de79244690.jpg

Joe made the stand too.

OP
OP
OverHauler

OverHauler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Maybe I'll go that route. Looks like it would accomplish the same thing with less upkeep and the price is pretty close in the end...

What pump are you using to drive it?

OP
OP
OverHauler

OverHauler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if I modified the ATO reservoir into a scrubber how good it would work? The size seems about right...

Back