OP
OP
Napa Reefer

Napa Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along, really like your scape. How high do you run your mp10's normally?

Thanks...they're running on 60 or 75 but I'm not happy with the current flow...I have a new mp40 that will replacing one of the mp10s

OP
OP
Napa Reefer

Napa Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost 2 emerald crabs, bta split into 3...protein skimmer air tube was blocked with salt so no skimming and heater was not heating...

OP
OP
Napa Reefer

Napa Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6ff472b049513c044153717ef8808264.jpg

Something new...

OP
OP
Napa Reefer

Napa Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be interested to hear how you like them, any specific reason for the change?

Honestly just to clean up my system a bit, less wires! now that I got the new apex I can connect the two single wires to the 1link in the Energy Bar and use the 3rd for my DOS

c6c6a569d8f49318bd348ee33d42c7d9.jpg

OP
OP
Napa Reefer

Napa Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank! What mode have you been running your Vortechs in?

I have a combination going but I can't remember what that is exactly... currently have one mp10 and one mp40 that are going to get replaced by two of the Apex WAVs.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
VERY interested to hear what you have to say about the WAV pumps. I haven't decided which route I will be taking, for now it is some cheap pumps I already have. I looked at the WAV but the amount of water they push VS the reefer 250 seemed extremely excessive. But now that you are fixing to find out I will stay tuned and maybe my opinion will be changed!!!

OP
OP
Napa Reefer

Napa Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
VERY interested to hear what you have to say about the WAV pumps. I haven't decided which route I will be taking, for now it is some cheap pumps I already have. I looked at the WAV but the amount of water they push VS the reefer 250 seemed extremely excessive. But now that you are fixing to find out I will stay tuned and maybe my opinion will be changed!!!

They come in tomorrow, hopefully I can get everything up and running on Friday. I'll keep you updated...I still need to learn how to operate the apex so I can have full control over my system

OP
OP
Napa Reefer

Napa Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex and WAVs are installed... still very confused with the apex and the WAVs settings.

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex and WAVs are installed... still very confused with the apex and the WAVs settings.

What are you having problems with? Is it just understanding what the different modes are and do? If you havent read through the Apex WAV guide already, then I suggest that, but also - if you click on the question mark and then you can click on "Modes" and it gives the breakdown on what each mode does and what the sliders and intervals mean.

Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG

OP
OP
Napa Reefer

Napa Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you having problems with? Is it just understanding what the different modes are and do? If you havent read through the Apex WAV guide already, then I suggest that, but also - if you click on the question mark and then you can click on "Modes" and it gives the breakdown on what each mode does and what the sliders and intervals mean.

Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG

I need to decrease the flow...

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 119 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back