Hi guys I'm planning a redsea 9003xl
Just needed some advice.

Redsea 9003xl - purchased
2 x gen 4 pro's - from old tank
1 x gen5 pro-purchased
D&d filter roller 500- purchased
Neptune apex - awaiting stock
Reef wave 45 x2 - purchased
Skimmer between the deltec 1000ix or 1500ix not sure which one would be ideal for this tank please assist.
Wave maker between mp40 x 2 or tunze 6150 any advice.
Planing mix reef sps and Lps

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I'm planning a redsea 9003xl
Just needed some advice.

Redsea 9003xl - purchased
2 x gen 4 pro's - from old tank
1 x gen5 pro-purchased
D&d filter roller 500- purchased
Neptune apex - awaiting stock
Reef wave 45 x2 - purchased
Skimmer between the deltec 1000ix or 1500ix not sure which one would be ideal for this tank please assist.
Wave maker between mp40 x 2 or tunze 6150 any advice.
Planing mix reef sps and Lps

Regarding wavemakers, I believe that MP is just the best in the biz. Pricey, but fantastic quality.

OP
OP
GAV1

GAV1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found some threads that mp40 wet side gets damaged from a year to 2

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found some threads that mp40 wet side gets damaged from a year to 2
Then by all means don’t get them... seriously, there are so many threads on here about Red Sea tanks failing.. Why did you buy one? In every case of failure, tank or ecotech pump the companies stood up and replaced things. So while a pain to deal with they made it right. Buy with confidence.

If you went by threads that talk about one item or another you would never buy anything.

For that tank you will need way more pumps than 2.

In my 625 I run 2 maxspect gyre 350s and 4 MP40s and had a tunze 6105. I have since removed the 6105 as I adjusted my aquascape and no longer need that flow. What I’m getting at is your system and aquascape will be what determines the final pump requirements. If you take care of your pumps they will take care of you.

Ecotech just mount on the glass and blow straight.. while nice, they do not offer direction control.

Knowing what I know now, I would probably go with the Hydros wave control 2 large Gyre pumps and 2 Reef Octopus or 2 tunze pumps all controlled by that Hydros wavemaker. Why? Controllability, and direction control. With the wavemaker you can control allot of different brand pumps in the app. The Reef Octopus plug direct into the Hydros and are completely directional in the tank. Other brands like Tunze need an adapter cable to get plugged in.

Keep in mind with the Hydros wave, you can buy just the pump side without controllers. They plug straight into the hydros wave.

Skimmers, I like my Reef Octopus Elite 200. You can’t go wrong with them.

OP
OP
GAV1

GAV1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't get me wrong just found those threads wanted to know if it happens because of the way we take care of the mp40 or it just from normal ware. I want to know if I can put all the wave makers on the back glass and still get good flow

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to know if I can put all the wave makers on the back glass and still get good flow
It depends on your aquascape and choice of pumps.. Can you get good flow? Yes. The answer really will only be solved by you and how you design things and how many pumps you install and where. Also what controls them.

OP
OP
GAV1

GAV1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ladies and gents. Just a small update on the redsea 9003xl.

So in December I expected to be in my new home by June 2021 but looks like it's only going to be this December things are going slow with the building.
In this time I purchased the redsea 9003xl but redsea really made me sad as they came out with the s1000. I'm hoping my LFS can get them to change the 900 for the new one because the tank is still with redsea in storage.

Equipment I managed to get

Skimmer - deltec 1000ix
Calcium reactor - deltec PF501
H2 oceans media reactor x 2
Pumps - vectra s2/m2 and a neptune core 20.
Neptune apex
Neptune wave kit
Neptune par meter
Neptune trident
Neptune dos
Ecotech mp60 x1
2x redsea wave 45
Chiller teco TK1000
Lights still have my ecotech gen4 pro x 2 and 1 gen 5 pro with RMS x3. Will purchase 1 more gen5 pro in the months to come. Also have 2 redsea led 90s mb use one in the sump.
Rock - only have one very large piece of caribsea life rock arch 14kg will also purchase about 70kg more life rock shapes.
Sand - will use caribsea special grade.
For now just a few more odds and ends.
The better half wants a koi pond so also got to do research on that. Looking between 15000 and 2000l pond

Take care all hopefully my tank is up by the next post

OP
OP
GAV1

GAV1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys hope everyone is ok.just some videos of the new set up

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 49 55.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back