RedSea Reefmat 500 Daily Usage

Dinwooj

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

My RedSea 300 G2 has been up and running for around 6 months now and has 6 small fish and around 15 soft coral frags. My Reefmat gets through around 80cm of the 28m role per day. Is that in line with other peoples experiences? My parameters are all good but just wondering if there is a way of making it more efficient and not having to buy a new role every 2/3 months or so.

AnyNameYouWish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got Redsea reefer250 running for a year now. The first roll went fast for me I changed from filter socks. I’m on my second roll and use daily average of 34cm, 7 fish a bunch of hard corals and Zoa’s

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are Similar to the Auto Filter Changers on big Commercial Air Handlers, These ran slowly, and continuously. Since they were plugged in, we put timers on them. The ones we used are by Intermatic 24 hour Heavy-Duty Indoor Plug-in-Timer. sku TN311 I have ones that are in daily use that are over 25 years old. The Time needs to be reset after a power failure. There is or used to be a light duty one, that is missing the ground, don’t get that one.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.6%
Back