RedSea ReefMat vs Clarisea SK G3?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dangles
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dangles

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2022
Messages
1,866
Reaction score
2,430
Location
Ohio
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Does anybody have experience with both of these? Pros/cons?

I know the ReefMat is CHONKY so sump size will be an issue, and the Clarisea can be a bit challenging to change out the mats... Anything else to help me make the decision?
 
I have swapped out a Clarisea SK5000 for a Reefmat 1200. There is no comparison, RM is far superior in every way. Plus, Clarisea has gone through 3 motors in a year. Too many design faults on it, and shonky flimsy build quality.
 
I have swapped out a Clarisea SK5000 for a Reefmat 1200. There is no comparison, RM is far superior in every way. Plus, Clarisea has gone through 3 motors in a year. Too many design faults on it, and shonky flimsy build quality.
I’m assuming that was a g1 or g2 and not the g3? I go through a motor every 18 months or so on my g2 as well but I’ve heard great things about the g3, especially regarding motor life, it’s super easy to change the roll and it’s not an erector set anymore. I think the op was specifically asking about the new model.
 
I’m assuming that was a g1 or g2 and not the g3? I go through a motor every 18 months or so on my g2 as well but I’ve heard great things about the g3, especially regarding motor life, it’s super easy to change the roll and it’s not an erector set anymore. I think the op was specifically asking about the new model.
Makes sense that they may have improved with the G3 (I imagine the ReefMat made a huge sent in their sales). Nothing like a competing product to kick-start innovation, lol!
 
Yes I had heard about the issues with the earlier generations. Supposedly the G3 is a dramatic improvement.

I’m not sure I’ll end up having a choice though. The sump I’m going with won’t fit the ReefMat :smirking-face:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new