Reecer 250

Desi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm new to forum. New reefer 250 all set up and running but....I got delivered with the cabinet pack 2 pieces of hard but flexible plastic about 3 quarts inch wide and about 15 inch long but nothing in instructions where they go? They are grey and cabinet is black. ALSO......all videos/pics i can find has pipework going down opposite side to mine inside cabinet....mine comes down left hand side of cabinet into sump. How do the filter socks work?! Every time I've used them in past the inlet pipe goes into the sock but the inlet pipe is in a different chamber to the sock!!! Sorry it's long but need a bit o help

20200425_191513.jpg

AnneO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are referring to the baffles that slot into the preexisting braces in the larger sump section. Mine has the same plumbing setup as yours, the compartment where the pipes come down overflows into the socks so that is all good. With the baffles, you only really need the back one, just left of the green tube on my photo, the point of those is to maintain a consistent water level for your skimmer but - mine is actually too large to have both baffles installed. If you insert the one at the back, raise it to the desired water level and tighten it with screws that are already there, you can maintain a steady water level in the largest compartment for your skimmer. When the tank is full there should be just a slight step down as this prevents protein foam and other surface debris from accumulating in your skimmer compartment. The black foam that comes with the tank goes in that large gap that is created between the glass and the baffle you just screwed in place. That way, when there is evaporation, the water level in the last (return) compartment falls first, while the middle compartment stays a steady level. If you have a sensor for automatic topup it should go in that last compartment. Click on the build thread contributor badge under my name to see my 250 setup. Also, you have put your thread into the 180 gallon (not litre) forum -- ours is only 60 gallons :) maybe a moderator can move this for you.
IMG_5511.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back