Reed Switches not working

thesoulpatch

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2017
Messages
621
Reaction score
333
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replaced my old reed switches since they were about 6 years and stopped working after moving across the country and the new ones I put in are not switching from closed to open or vice verse when the magnets are open or closed. I have checked the wiring done both ways nothing works?
 
How are you checking in they are opening or closing? Are you directly measuring the resistance across the terminals of the switch?
 
Also, do you have a schematic for the reed switch/rest of your circuit? That will help people to understand.
 
I had my multi meter out, but idk what happened but they work now? I did nothing but stare at it and it worked....
 
Sometime a good state fixes everything. Other times you have to get a bigger hammer.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new