Reed Tank Brands Feedback

Cscultho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for recommendations and people’s experiences.

I’m looking to build a ~100g mixed reef tank. I’d like to have a nice selection of SPS and LPS along with several colorful tangs. I’ve been in the hiccups over 20yrs but I’m not up to date on all the new tanks.

Appreciate your feedback. Thanks

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
honestly, most of them are a dime a dozen these days..... pretty much all the same except for minor differences and all with the insanely high price tags to match and forcing you to get their whole system of things. (tank, stand, plumbing, sump, ato, lights, filter, etc

Only one id steer clear of is Red Sea. Too many tank failures/leaking seams, and the response by them, in my opinion, was far less than ideal, so i have zero trust in them.

But honestly, ALL the newer tanks that have the hanging front panel of glass not sitting on the stand scare the crap out of me and id never have them.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Innovative Marine. I’ve had two of theirs and they’re nice solid tanks that come with pretty much everything needed, including a lid to prevent jumpers.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO there are sort of 2 groups of tank manufacturers. Lower priced options that include Glass cages, Innovative Marine and others. There are also a couple of custom companies including Custom Aquariums and Reef Savvy who's price points will be significantly higher but IMO worth it if money is not a major concern. Their cabinetry and metal frames are great especially for large tanks..

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 95 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back