Reef-a-Palooza California! Who’s going?!

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who’s going? I’m pretty excited for this.

Has anyone been to California RAP or any others for that matter? How is it? Any cool stories or things learned, cool coral bought? Good deal tips? Other general tips to get the most out of it?

My roommate, girlfriend, and I are going to go and try to find a couple real show pieces for the 300gallon since we’re finally getting stable and established after our first year of reefing. (15+ years of freshwater and ponds previously).

Hoping to meet some R2Reefers there!!!

EAD5A0B0-E91E-4D29-BDCD-EC3D7ED30B13.jpeg 32CE5338-DECB-464C-9405-67A75AA46857.jpeg 094A735D-C1D7-4EB5-9F3D-868EAE51376B.jpeg 4D85EA2E-694A-4A16-8E56-BD6808CFFAE8.jpeg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Bitcoin Reefer

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got a lot of irons in the fire (Grandson due, surgery to be scheduled, and on-call at work) so I won't know until the day of if I can skip up there? We shall see.
Sounds like our situation. Traveling in sept (burning money), putting house back together after mini flood (burning money), repairing or upgrading tank (burning money).

Probably wont be buying much if I go, but checking out who's selling what will be cool.

OP
OP
Bitcoin Reefer

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be there Sunday snagging up the deals and leftovers lol
Ya that’s what I’m thinking too haha. Maybe we should make a chat and we can share good deals we find! Or maybe an active thread on here the day of? I’m going Sunday too. I’m gonna do like 3 or 4 months of purchases at once if the deals are good. I heard you can find some killer deals especially if you’re patient on day 2.

toomanymatts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be there, first time. How big is it? I though it was at the convention center, but it's in a hotel...

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am probably going on Sunday, cause maybe some vendors will just want to give me stuff... I am going to Paris (France not California) at the end of August for a family thing, so no spare money...
I am not bitter at all... Frikin kids and their destination weddings... I at least get to go to https://www.aquariumdeparis.com/ So I at least get to see some fashionable fish and corals smoking cigarettes and drinking wine...

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to make the trip this year but after just upgrading my tank, and still paying off the stuff I have bought over the year, I just can't do it. Hopefully they will have it again next year so I can plan for it. Since I don't travel much, I am more about quality. I want the 5star hotel, and the full spoil me rotten treatment. When I first learned about this event, the Hilton was already booked out.

OP
OP
Bitcoin Reefer

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am probably going on Sunday, cause maybe some vendors will just want to give me stuff... I am going to Paris (France not California) at the end of August for a family thing, so no spare money...
I am not bitter at all... Frikin kids and their destination weddings... I at least get to go to https://www.aquariumdeparis.com/ So I at least get to see some fashionable fish and corals smoking cigarettes and drinking wine...
How funny, I’m going to Paris early September. How long will you be there?

OP
OP
Bitcoin Reefer

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw for those saying they are low on funds right now. From what I saw on a video I watched, I’ll try to find it again, there’s tons of low cost deals too, like 4 for $80 and 5 for $100.

For any who have been before? How do the deals stack up against LFS, online ordering, or something I have no experience with is these sales that online sites promote on R2R. Been curious about those, the instructions on many of them seem complicated with “shipping modules” etc lol.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back