T minus 6 days till Reef A Palooza Orlando, How's going?

Who's going to Reef A Palooza?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BanZI29

Still just a reefer noob!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reef-fanatics! Just wondering who will be going to Reef A palooza this coming weekend?
Will you visit the booths of fellow reef2reef members? Here is a VERY short list of who I know will have booths there:

Reef2Reef (obviously :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: )
Dinkins Aquatic Gardens
World Wide Corals
Top Shelf Aquatics,
BanZai's Phyto and Cope-A Bar,
AquaFX

Who else is going to be there??
Here is a link to the floor plan.
Tag yourself

MarsReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always wondered... how do shows like this work? When I go to my local show I buy a coral and just carry it around in a small cooler until I drive home. If you fly in for an event like this, how do you get your corals home?

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the dinner situation? I am heading to RAPNY. So we are looking at dinner reservations. Is there food onsite? What are the hours?

OP
OP
BanZI29

BanZI29

Still just a reefer noob!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always wondered... how do shows like this work? When I go to my local show I buy a coral and just carry it around in a small cooler until I drive home. If you fly in for an event like this, how do you get your corals home?
What you said os what happens. Frag containers and coolers. For TSA you will need to take the homding containers out and have them inspected. As long as you have receipts, you should be good.

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im excited to go this year! 10 year anniversary! I have not missed a year! First year, 2014, I won the grand prize with Reef2Reef. It was a CoralLife Biocube 29! I brought it home with thoughts of selling it, since I already had my 120 gal. About a month later, R2R had a contest named “Nano in 90”. So you were given 90 days to put a nano reef together( under 30 gal), with a $500 budget on corals. So, I decided to enter with this tank. I modified everything! I have a thread under my name Rjramos 29 biocube since 2014 showing it’s progression through the years. I didn’t win, but it was fun, and would you believe, the tank is still running today! Been through a lot of transitions in livestock, but now it houses 1 fascination favia, a lot of ultra rainbow BTA’s, a recently added tube anemone, and a pair of Longfin white clownfish!
I will share this with @revhtree when I come to his booth Saturday! Here it is!

Attachments

• IMG_2515.mov
    46.4 MB

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the dinner situation? I am heading to RAPNY. So we are looking at dinner reservations. Is there food onsite? What are the hours?
I know for NY last year we ate at places around the convention center. There was an area right next to the hotel that had a couple of restaurants (chilis, a hibachi place, Carnegie Diner, Red Lobster, and maybe one other place?), Also after the show is over, you could make a trip down to Hoboken which is maybe 5-10 min from the hotel

justjes45

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband JUST SURPRISED me with tickets!!!
I have always wanted to go, and I am over the moon excited. We are from Vermont and there are not a lot of resources here. I am jumping up and down every day telling everybody I know… and no one understands my addiction… How cool this is going to be! I cannot wait!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 56 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back