No tests... ever.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefing blind never seems to end well. You can’t understand what’s really going on with the chemistry or prevent potential issues. Making informed decisions from data is a smart way to reef. Not the only way, but smart. You can never truly know where your Nutrients, pH, Alk, Cal, Mag, Salinity, etc.. is unless you test it. There are also trace elements that play very important role’s with overall growth and health not only with coral’s, but also the microfauna, bacteria, pods, and biodiversity as a whole. This hobby is very difficult as it is, why not take advantage of the resources we have today. Everything can increase your odds for success if used wisely and you’re calculated with how you do everything.

OP
OP
MoreReef

MoreReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20220715_135928.jpg

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol!!!! I'm actually picking up some new Hanna test kits at rap next month... so yeah, soon. Lol!!!
I knew it ...when the corals start to accumulate and you count the dollars and mostly the time invested, something comes over you, a strange feeling, then you inherently start testing and dont even realize it......

Thats good, tanks looking good! Might as well do some simple tests and keep it that way right? It doesn't mean you have to become a mad scientist and devote hours a week to it. Keep doing what your doing and add a few tests here and there to reassure your thoughts, keep moving forward...

Looking good! I'm Still following..

OP
OP
MoreReef

MoreReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew it ...when the corals start to accumulate and you count the dollars and mostly the time invested, something comes over you, a strange feeling, then you inherently start testing and dont even realize it......

Thats good, tanks looking good! Might as well do some simple tests and keep it that way right? It doesn't mean you have to become a mad scientist and devote hours a week to it. Keep doing what your doing and add a few tests here and there to reassure your thoughts, keep moving forward...

Looking good! I'm Still following..
Thanks man, appreciate it.

CrunchyBananas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No... purpose was never to not test, it's just something I haven't found necessary as of yet. Maybe soon ? Wouldn't mind new Hanna checkers on hand when such time comes...
gotcha, got mixed up with the title "No tests...ever." and thought that was the tank goal, either way good luck with the tank

OP
OP
MoreReef

MoreReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've added some stuff, I've removed some stuff... but it's going. That heatwave in southern California a few weeks back did a number on some of my acros. But we're slowly finding that sweetspot again.
20221003_164808.jpg
20221003_164824.jpg
20221003_164832.jpg
20221003_164841.jpg
i juat recently started to add some frags onto this one.
20221003_164903.jpg
might add some clove polyp or zoa to start filling the in-betweens the favias.
20221003_164945.jpg
the 1.5 pico in my moms room is looking alright...
20221003_165029.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back