OP
OP
MoreReef

MoreReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as i said, im not a scientist, but an actual scientist that is known in the reefing community literally commented within this thread, and you basically blew him off as if he didnt know.
Ok... so ? Lol... and you're mad because of that !?!? I'm not blowing anyone off. I'm actually having real convos with helpful members unlike you... lol. And If anyone that was "blownoff" probably had a sorry butt energy like yourself... lol

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok... so ? Lol... and you're mad because of that !?!? I'm not blowing anyone off. I'm actually having real convos with helpful members unlike you... lol. And If anyone that was "blownoff" probably had a sorry butt energy like yourself... lol
aw. poor kid. thinkin hes having real convo's. that person you "blew off" said one thing to you, in which you simply blew them off. they didnt do anything otherwise, so it seems your the one that has the horrible energy, which will follow you until the end during your time here. im sure you will take no suggestions, no adivice, or listen to anyone, as you have not so far today.

OP
OP
MoreReef

MoreReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aw. poor kid. thinkin hes having real convo's. that person you "blew off" said one thing to you, in which you simply blew them off. they didnt do anything otherwise, so it seems your the one that has the horrible energy, which will follow you until the end during your time here. im sure you will take no suggestions, no adivice, or listen to anyone, as you have not so far today.
Lol. Oh well...

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iit doesn't take much science to reef right ? Lol... Idk maybe just opposing views

Even your system uses the decades of scientific experimentation by others to know what is needed.

Again, that comment if yours is beyond ignorant.

OP
OP
MoreReef

MoreReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even your system uses the decades of scientific experimentation by others to know what is needed.

Again, that comment if yours is beyond ignorant
A chemist!!! Finally, and im sure it does. Just 250 msgs too late. Would have been useful to have you here before this turned into a rant thread for members.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone in this thread said you don’t need to change the oil in your car !!! . We’re you talking about a electric car ???

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol... ok I guess. Surviving... lol you have noticed they're frags and a few have started to encrust rockwork... you know that doesn't happen overnight... but ... I wouldn't expect you to treat your tank the same way I treat these Nanos. It doesn't apply...

No, it probably happens for about 2 days every time you do a water change, then stops until the next one.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A chemist!!! Finally, and im sure it does. Just 250 msgs too late. Would have been useful to have you here before this turned into a rant thread for members.
Everyone told you the exact same thing he did. And you disregarded them with an appeal to authority, which is just one of many logical fallacies you seem to be fond of.

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I pretty much did that for many years is how I know.

The fact of the matter is water changes alone aren't going to replace everything they need. You are replacing the existing water with 100% salt water. Meaning, if you do a 20% water change, then you only replenished 20% of the things your coral use.

If they happen to use less than 20% of those elements, you won't notice much. Otherwise, what will happen is you will have periods of good growth(thriving) and periods of no growth(surviving).

In my tank I rarely do water changes in, it's really noticeable with coraline algae. After I do a water change, I'll have a short period of time where it grows in the tank. Eventually it uses things up, stops growing and my urchins eat it up.

OP
OP
MoreReef

MoreReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pretty much did that for many years is how I know.

The fact of the matter is water changes alone aren't going to replace everything they need. You are replacing the existing water with 100% salt water. Meaning, if you do a 20% water change, then you only replenished 20% of the things your coral use.

If they happen to use less than 20% of those elements, you won't notice much. Otherwise, what will happen is you will have periods of good growth(thriving) and periods of no growth(surviving).

In my tank I rarely do water changes in, it's really noticeable with coraline algae. After I do a water change, I'll have a short period of time where it grows in the tank. Eventually it uses things up, stops growing and my urchins eat it up.
Gotta raise your cal up... lol... yeah I've taken everything you stated into consideration, but I also know forsure there's no major swings in cal, alk, mag, salinity, nitrate ph etc in between WC because well I've been doing it long enough on this system... again it's been working for now and unless I run into any major issues then I'll probably keep the same routine... fish are also ok. Lol eating, healthy... NOT fighting... lol plenty of room as you can see in the vid. I don't think it's occurred to anyone that I can up the tank size for both fish and coral...I just think people on here are really emotionally attached to their tanks, almost like children or spouses... lol and realizing that I'm not emotionally married to anything in that tank and the fact that my approach is so unconventional just rubs people the wrong way. Some people get it... others don't. I'm not here to please anyone lol... it was originally just a nano post with no testing. Then someone called it a flexpost and trolling for who knows why... maybe they're just softies. Like their coral... lol

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol... well if you would go back and look at my other responses you would know that I kept records for a long time until I no longer felt I needed to. I'm not arguing the science and biology of it.
You're not arguing about the science and biology of it? Really? You said you don't think theres really any science to it...or perhaps the truth is that you just have absolutely no idea what actually goes on in any kind of ecosystem. That's more likely.

Lol... dude. There isn't much science behind keeping a reef tank. I could easily throw on a lab coat bust out the kits and bill nye away..

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 124 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back